Thursday, July 26, 2007

So I finally bought a camera, here are some various pictures.



These are from the MaoKong Gondola that recently opened in the southern part of the city. Despite numerous problems with functionality it is a fantastic ride that takes you over the zoo, mountains and affords a great view of the city on nice, cloud less days (few and far between they may be). The last stop is the Muzha tea plantation area, dozens of quaint little tea plantations tucked in the mountains, producing what I've been told some of the best Oolong tea in the world. Bottom picture is of the 101 from the gondola.

The MRT (subway) station I use when it's raining heavily. You can't eat, drink, or even chew gum in the station, probably the most spotless subway system in the world.
A typical class at my school Kojen. These kids are roughly 12/13 years old. The girls are giving the obligatory two finger salute; a weird, albeit endearing tradition for pictures.
This is a view of the mouth of the Danshui River in the north of the city. This river flows out into the Pacific Ocean towards China and Japan.

3 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Bill Maier said...

Frank - glad to see you got a camera - those pictures are worth a thousand words - in English or Chinese!!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Dorothy Gould said...

Awesome pics Frank, I felt my stomach drop when I saw the view from the gondola...that's a Maier weakness, I know.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger GrandmaMaier said...

Your Aunt Mary and Grandma visited Great Gorge one summer and went on chair lift-don't know who was more afraid -me or Aunt Mary. That looks like a great ride but not for me. So glad I checked your blog - all good news. This experience is once in a lifetime. Enjoy it.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home